It’s true. I’m moving. I know. *holds you*
I have a shiny new website (SChaffin.com) designed by yours truly. Meaning, it’s time to say goodbye to Prince Abubu. And also, Her Inklings. Mostly Prince Abubu though.
For the curious, here’s exactly what’s going to change and what’ll stay the same:
Things that won’t change:
- This Her Inklings blog. As in, I won’t be updating it again. Maybe ever. SO, you might want to add SChaffin.com to your blogroll, if you want to keep following me; I’m on Bloglovin’, Twitter, and Instagram – follow any of these to stay connected! Meanwhile, Her Inklings will stay here as a static archive of past comments and posts.
- Old posts. I’ve migrated my old blog posts to the new website! So if you’re looking for something you read in the past, it’ll be over there.
- The amount of reaction GIFs/pics I use in my posts. Sorry.
Things that will change:
- How you get notified about my posts. My domain is changing, but so is my hosting platform. I moved from WordPress to Squarespace, and this means that if you’re subscribed to Her Inklings, you won’t be automatically notified via email about new posts on SChaffin.com (this is a WordPress feature). Also, you won’t see me in your WordPress Reader anymore. However, you can (as mentioned) subscribe to SChaffin.com on Bloglovin’ and on social media. TL;DR – WordPress and I are breaking up, but there are no hard feelings.
- Where I can be reached. Over there. Not here. If you’re looking to contact me, contact me there.
It’s bittersweet for me, since I started this blog when I was a baby sophomore in college… and I took it with me through my months abroad and the writing of several novels. But for everything there is a season, especially when it comes to 2011 blogs trying to keep up in 2017. I think Her Inklings deserves retirement.
In the meantime, I’m not leaving. I’m just moving. I’m not even leaving the neighborhood. I’m just going a few houses down. And I’m so excited about what’s next.
So here’s to 2017! See you down the road.